Besides being a sample, the small jar is also convenient for on-the-go use, especially as lip balm.
The Whole Food of Skin Care
Whole-body skin care for face, lips, hands, feet, and body.
Soft, spreadable, and easy to use.
For all manner of skin conditions, including dry, chapped, calloused, cracked, and sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, and more.
A little goes a long way, so a jar lasts an incredibly long time.
Does not result in a greasy look or feel because it is readily absorbed by the skin.
Paleo-friendly skin care.
The purest, most natural ingredients of any skincare product (see organic Product FAQ).
Tallow from 100% grass-fed cows.
Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil.
Therapeutic-grade essential oils: tea tree, hyssop, rosemary, ginger, tarragon, grapefruit.
A little goes a long way. Rub in well. Keep at room temperature. Keep tightly capped.
Campfire Glow has a warm, inviting, complex scent.
Our balm is chemical-free and GMO-free with nothing unnatural and has only three whole-food ingredients, all selected from the finest sources to insure its superior therapeutic quality:
1) Tallow from 100% grass-fed cows that are happy, healthy, and humanely raised without cruel feed lots and cruel slaughterhouses and without pesticides, drugs, hormones, or chemicals of any kind.
2) Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil from California estate-grown heirloom Mission olives, farmed the centuries-old way without pesticides or chemical fertilizers, pressed right at the orchard, eliminating any chance of contamination with other oils.
3) The most pure and therapeutic essential oils available, produced to the highest standards in the industry, steam-distilled from plants grown at the highest standards and not adulterated, extended, synthesized, or distilled using chemicals or high temperatures and pressure; expertly blended and specifically selected because of their long-standing tradition of being helpful to the skin.
This is how people cared for their skin before chemicals. This is the whole food of skin care. Don't put anything on your body that you wouldn't put in your body! There is nothing else like it on the market. If other skin care products have failed you, you owe it to yourself to try Vintage Tradition!
Our balms are handcrafted in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
During production, our balm does not come into contact with plastic, aluminum, or non-stick surfaces.
Posted by BJ on Nov 17th 2017
Love this stuff! I ordered samples in six different scents. So far Campfire Glow is in the lead.
Love that it's all natural and IT WORKS!!!
Posted by AJ on Jun 17th 2017
Predominant scent: Tea Tree
If you love tea tree, this is the scent for you! For me, the medicinal aroma is a bit too much for everyday facial or all-over body use. I put it in my first-aid cabinet for cracked heels, tired aching feet, small scrapes, toenail cuticles, etc.
General review for Tallow Balms:
(*****Five stars for the product overall*****)
When I first ordered tallow balm, I was skeptical. I was convinced tallow would go rancid and it seemed quite expensive. (There were no samples sizes available then.) I ordered a 2-ounce jar, and used it sparingly. I scooped some into a smaller jar, intending to put the bigger jar in the refrigerator, but I forgot. It lasted in my bathroom cabinet without going rancid until it was gone (well over a year). Pleased with the product, I went online to order more and couldn’t figure out why I thought it was so expensive - $20 for 2 ounces is a great price! I must have thought a “regular” order was the 9-ounce size, and the 2-ounce was more like a sample size? (Don’t order the 9 ounce jar unless you have used the product before and know you need that much – it’s a lot!)
My pet peeves are “easily absorbed” moisturizers that don’t moisturize at all and moisturizers that feel like an oil slick on your skin; tallow balm is truly non-greasy, and is actually moisturizing. (If you have a child who has cracking/bleeding skin, but can’t stand the feel of lotion on his/her skin, try tallow balm.) It is great on skin and a tiny bit on the hair works as a leave-in conditioner/light styling product without the oiliness of coconut oil.
The hardest part is deciding which scent to try. But they now have sample sizes! I ordered one of each and would recommend doing the same. Even if you know which scent you want, get a sample size so you can transfer from the larger jar to the sample jar with a spoon. Keep the larger jar in the refrigerator (uncontaminated) and the smaller jar(s) in your bathroom/purse/bedside.
Don’t be fooled by “manly”, “girly”, or such in the scent name – I would argue they are all unisex and have a “general essential oil” overtone. (If you don’t like the scent combinations, buy the unscented and add your own.)
I find that the balms smell slightly different when you just open the jar and sniff, as opposed to digging into the balm (releasing the oils), and how it reacts with your skin when applied results in yet another scent. I had to try each scent at least three times before I fully formed an opinion. Ones I wasn’t thrilled with at first grew on me after a bit.
- Truly non-greasy, non-waxy!
- Matte finish.
- Long-lasting (a little goes a long way).
- Great price.
- Lasts without refrigeration. (Refrigerate large jars
- Inexpensive samples sizes – try them ALL!
- Can mix your own scents.
- Reusable glass jars.
- If you’re looking for vegetarian options, look elsewhere.
- If you really hate the smell of tallow, you may need to
choose (or create) a strong scent.