The Whole Food of Skin Care
Whole-body skin care for face, lips, hands, feet, and body.
Soft, spreadable, and easy to use.
For all manner of skin conditions, including dry, chapped, calloused, cracked, and sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, and more.
A little goes a long way, so a jar lasts an incredibly long time.
Does not result in a greasy look or feel because it is readily absorbed by the skin.
Paleo-friendly skin care.
The purest, most natural ingredients of any skincare product (see organic Product FAQ).
Tallow from 100% grass-fed cows.
Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil.
Therapeutic-grade essential oils: cedarwood, lavender.
A little goes a long way. Rub in well. Keep at room temperature. Keep tightly capped.
Almost Unscented has a very mild scent which disappears quickly.
Our balm is chemical-free and GMO-free with nothing unnatural and has only three whole-food ingredients, all selected from the finest sources to insure its superior therapeutic quality:
1) Tallow from 100% grass-fed cows that are happy, healthy, and humanely raised without cruel feed lots and cruel slaughterhouses and without pesticides, drugs, hormones, or chemicals of any kind.
2) Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil from California estate-grown heirloom Mission olives, farmed the centuries-old way without pesticides or chemical fertilizers, pressed right at the orchard, eliminating any chance of contamination with other oils.
3) The most pure and therapeutic essential oils available, produced to the highest standards in the industry, steam-distilled from plants grown at the highest standards and not adulterated, extended, synthesized, or distilled using chemicals or high temperatures and pressure; expertly blended and specifically selected because of their long-standing tradition of being helpful to the skin.
This is how people cared for their skin before chemicals. This is the whole food of skin care. Don't put anything on your body that you wouldn't put in your body! There is nothing else like it on the market. If other skin care products have failed you, you owe it to yourself to try Vintage Tradition!
Our balms are handcrafted in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
During production, our balm does not come into contact with plastic, aluminum, or non-stick surfaces.
Posted by Linda on Oct 13th 2017
After reading a review below, I want to add a couple tidbits:
- a-little-goes-a-long-way is relevant to skin that's NOT heavily dried out; When I apply it just after towel drying, I need MUCH less than if I wait til my skin feels dry.
- to me, facial skin is the most fragile, and vulnerable to clogging. Once I passed the point of breakouts, I've been able to use products I never would have dreamed of even trying years ago.
Posted by Linda on Oct 13th 2017
I'm sitting here thinking: I don't how I managed before I found this balm. The fact is, I didn't manage.
I've been in pursuit of the best I can find, in all realms, for decades; finding this product has been one of my most treasured. I use it multiple times a day. (If I don't reach for it after washing my hands, or finishing a kitchen plan, my hands remind me to get up and get some, or dig thru my purse while driving, for the sample jar I carry.
The scent I choose is Almost Unscented as I became quite sensitive to fragrances in the '90s when I unknowingly lived w toxic molds. The Fragrance of AU is gentle on my senses. The feel of the balm on my skin is one of life's not so little comforts in a world that seems to be crumbling at a faster and faster rate,
I've used the balm for several years now. Everyone I've shared it w has become a fan. If your skin needs soothing, I can't imagine you finding anything better, let alone purer.
In a addition to creating a find product, the service from VT has been great. Its a pleasure doing business w them.
Posted by Unknown on Jul 31st 2017
I just ordered my second container of vintage tradition tallow balm. I love the unscented which still has a light scent to it. Most importantly, it works and I feel good using it! With only three ingredients I don't have to wonder about what I'm putting on my skin.
Posted by Suzanne on Jul 14th 2017
I have been using tallow balm for a month now. I was inspired to try it because my high-end drugstore sunscreen said it helped rebuild the lipid layer that protects skin, so adding animal lipids made sense to me. I doubt I will ever buy a moisturizer without beef tallow again. It is the best moisturizer I have ever used, and I can tell today that I used it yesterday. I was pretty skeptical a month ago, so here are my caveats.
1. It makes my cheeks break out. I don't know if this is the olive oil, but it hasn't improved so I am looking for other beef tallow brands to go on some parts of my face. I wish there were a non-evoo kind available.
2. The dog likes to lick it off me.
3. I haven't found, like other reviewers said, that a little goes a long way. My skin seems to eat this stuff, and using it everywhere (feet, legs, arms, sunburn, cuticles, lips, around eyes, calluses) means I have been using it pretty quickly. It does build on itself--my skin is visibly better now that it was a month ago, before I even apply today's layer.
Now the good stuff. My cracked feet are gone. My nicks, irritations and cuts heal faster. The baby hairs around my hairline are getting longer and stronger, and the dry ends aren't dry anymore. The skin on my hands and arms feel about five years younger. My face has much less irritation and applying the stuff makes everything shine softly like a kid's. I like the smell and the little jars (is there a way to send them back to be used again?). This isn't cheap, but I don't have to buy the moisturizers from the drug store anymore.